Recycling of Packaging
NZ Hothouse has a policy that all packaging used throughout the business needs to be reusable or recyclable and preferably made from recycled materials.
- All export and food service produce are supplied in 100%
- All produce is picked into 100% reusable crates recyclable cardboard packaging
- New Zealand retailers are all supplied by NZHH in reusable crates
- All plastic punnets used are 100% recyclable
- All of NZ HH’s cherry tomatoes are supplied in recycled plastic punnets.
- All plastic trays have been replaced by 100% recyclable cardboard
- All of NZHH’s soft plastic wraps and bags are 100% recyclable
- All of our telegraph cucumber wraps are 100% recyclable
- NZ Hothouse is a proud member of the Packaging Forum. The
Forum actively promotes the use of recyclable plastics and
provides the public with recycling drop off points throughout New
- NZ Hothouse actively looks for commercial uses of the recycled
plastic products throughout the business.